Re: [Amps] spray painting metal

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] spray painting metal
From: "Pete Lancashire" <pete@petelancashire.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:15:29 -0700

> Hello Pete:
>
> Having the panels painted at an airport is a novel idea!

I miss having a neighbor who worked at Freightliner trucks in
their paint department. They used two part epoxy paint and always
had some left over. If small enough he would take it to work
and the next time the did a paint run with white or black it
would be done. Primer, two part epoxy paint, baked.

Was well worth the few beers it cost me in trade .. :-)

-pete

> I have a 4-1000 project that will need a front panel soon.
>

> I live in a small town.  Most people have recomended zinc chromate or
self etching primer.  I may do a little study before I paint the bigh
panel! The regular automotive primers are not working.

> Thanks,
>
> Alton, NU8L
>
>> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:01:15 -0700
>> Subject: Re: [Amps] spray painting metal
>> From: pete@petelancashire.com
>> To: amcconnell3@hotmail.com
>>
>> Have a airport nearby ?
>>
>> I've had a few things repainted as long as I'm not in
>> a rush and can wait for a plane being repainted.
>>
>> Any good commercial paint supplier can help, and in most
>> cases will provide quart size samples for free.
>>

>> > Any advice on good primers for aluminum?
>> >

>> > Alton, NU8L

>> horizontal
>> surface.

>> job. A
before painting. In those cases if you just paint over the old
finish quite often the paint will start to peel. Frankly, in most
cases, it is