Re: [Amps] plate bypass capacitor

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] plate bypass capacitor
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:06:53 -0500

Bill,

"Normal way opposite reactances in parallel combine in a non-resonant
manner"? what does that mean?

Calculate 100 microhenries in parallel with a 75 pf capacitor. I think that
you will find it to be resonant at around 1.8 MHz.

Why would you think that the choke can not be operated in a parallel
resonant mode? It is no different than placing any other inductor of proper
value in its place and tuning it to resonance.

73
Gary  K4FMX