Re: [Amps] SGC-Mini Lini

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SGC-Mini Lini
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:54:16 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/2009 10:26:25 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time, wlfu
qu00@uky.edu writes:

Does anyone out there  actually own a Mini Lini?

73
Bill  wa4lav

I  don't think SGC ever actually produced any of the Mini-Linis for sale.
They  had reliability problems with the plug-in band modules
that used banana plugs  and sockets and problems with the
output spectrum.  The owner of SGC  died a year or two ago I think
and they never finished the  product.   SGC
is still in business though selling tuners, some ham  accessories
and the 500 watt linear amplifier the SmartPowerCube.

The Mini-Lini used a Class-E
amplifier and EER to amplify an  SSB signal. Apparently
they never overcame some technical problems  with it
to make it cost effective to market.

I'm surprised no one  else has come up with a commercial
Class-E amplifier yet for the Ham  Bands.

73 Todd WD4NGG