Re: [Amps] parasitic oscillation techniques

To: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] parasitic oscillation techniques
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:20:14 -0400
Alex, whoever he was, he was certainly rather forceful in his comments and
also remarked that he had received a continuous series of annoying calls
from him. My call did not last very long!
Sorry I didnt write down his name for posterity but this was long before I
had any involvement with the Internet and my interest was strictly personal.

There was also a complete issue of Technical Correspondence in a later QST
devoted to comments by several engineers vehemently debunking the article.
The flames started that long ago and have cycled up and down ever since.

When I first joined this reflector in 1995 or 96 the battle was already in
full swing. At that time there were several professional RF engineers aboard
fully qualified to debunk the QST article and subsequent other self
published writings.  This is simply another cycle partially brought about by
a few relatively new forum members who have created similiar discussions
elsewhere. And as always the fringe elements have to add fuel to the fire.

Carl
KM1H