Re: [Amps] parasitic oscillation techniques

To: <philc@texascellnet.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] parasitic oscillation techniques
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:00:10 -0400
A manufacturing defect is a lot different than operational failure of a good
tube. Eimac has had 3-500 defects also in the 80's
I believe both problems were due to the move of production from San Carlos
and poor QC.

Eimac also changed the 8877 spec around 79-80 to reduce gain. I have one of
those earlier "hot" tubes and it takes very little drive to bury a 2500W
slug even at 222 mHz.. Hams were blowing the grids with 100W exciters. Mine
was removed from an Alpha 77 at the customers request and replaced with the
new version, this was in the early 80's and it still puts out full and
stable power.

Carl
KM1H