Re: [Amps] parasitic oscillation techniques

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] parasitic oscillation techniques
From: "David H Craig" <davidhcraig@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:53:38 -0400
    Maybe the "moderator" won't block this one.  I am tired of this old saw-
you got rid of the parasitic, so to speak, and I personally agree the
nicrome idea is a bad one.  That said, I guess a hobbiest (not a
"professional" with at best a MS, as seems to be the case here) with an AA,
BA & JD with ideas & emperical evidence doesn't matter on this List with a
bunch of old grumpy "EEs" on it.  If this is in fact not a "Romper-Room" for
EEs with big heads, I'll try one last time to tactfully mention that with 5
homebrew monoband amps under my belt so far, with DIRECTLY-GROUNDED GRIDS, 0
issues with parasitics or whatever. I don't even use suppressors on my
GS35bs, just a LPF.  This list with directly-grounded grids also includes an
SB220 conversion (yup, chokes & caps into the junkbox & replaced with solid
strap to ground)...
    My EE friends (WITH VSAs for the anal-retentive), who don't share the
same compunctions of some on this list, agree.  Raytrack, which as you know
is a FB performer in demand on the used market,  also used directly-grounded
grids on it's 6 meter 2 x 3-500Z amp- you fail to metion that little fact.
My HB 6 meter amps work, 3-500Zs, GS35bs, 3CPX800A7s.  When I get my 8877s
done, I'll let you know if directly-grounded grids work there, if the
"moderator" doesn't censor that post like my last.  Oh, and to the
"moderator": If you censor this one, kindly remove me from the list like I
asked (as per instructions with "Remove" in the Subject Line) 2 months ago
when you censored my last reponse to this "floating grid" discussion, which
had NOTHING improper in it except that I assume you dislike the fact my amps
work.  N3DB