Re: [Amps] RF parts and parasitics!!

To: "Jack Shirley" <jcshirle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF parts and parasitics!!
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:48:54 -0400

> This is the way it is done on the  AL1200

It is also the way I designed for the pesky Clipperton L which can now run a
key down 1200W out on 10M with no instability, red plates or smoking
parasitic resistor. However I use a cap at both ends of the resistor to
cancel its XL.

Since this is the first time Ive read the JI article the similarity in
approach is interesting. According to the date on his paper he has me by a
few years.

The only disagreement I have with the article is the 190 mHz parasitic
frequency of the 3-500Z. Ive found it to be around 150 mHz which is also the
approximate resonance of the RF cage. Perhaps I had a bit extra LC in the
test setup, it doesnt take much at those frequencies.

Carl
KM1H