Re: [Amps] RF parts and parasitics!!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF parts and parasitics!!
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:03:45 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:26:30 -0400, "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com> wrote:

>> Did I err?
>>
>> 73, Bill W6WRT
>

>I d say so since we arent discussing the Super Cathode circuit.

REPLY:

Pay attention, Carl. We ARE discussing the Super Cathode circuit. Here's the
entire paragraph that I quoted one sentence from:

"There are obviously major flaws with the super-cathode drive concept, when it
uses a capacitor divider. Grid current causes grid-to-cathode impedance to
constantly vary. When grid current is absent, the grid-to-cathode impedance is
nearly an open circuit. Grid-to-cathode capacitance dominates the upper half of
the divider, and everything appears to work as planned."

You did say your 'ol eyes were having problems, but try and find the words
"super" and "cathode" in the above.  :-)

73, Bill W6WRT