Re: [Amps] Carbon Resistor Substitution

To: "'mikea'" <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>, "'Amplifier Reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Carbon Resistor Substitution
From: "alexeban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 07:34:39 +0300
I would like to add one more: Florida RF laboratories.
They make power resistors for high frequency uses, including two terminal
types. They're really intended for use on a heatsink, but at reduced power
they can handle what appears in a suppressor. At least, you can be sure with
them you won't have inductance problems. I didn't check the price on the low
power models.
In any case, a 20W model should handle , without heatsink, whatever a
suppressor can hand to it.
Alex    4Z5KS