Re: [Amps] SB221 Low Power Help

To: Jay Musikar <af2c@yahoo.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB221 Low Power Help
From: Rahul Sathe <vu3raz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:28:49 +0530
Thanks for the post Jay,

VSWR "high" is above 2... particularly on 20 and 15. the same can not be
tuned with the stock input coils. On other bands it is well matched...
mostly below 1.2.

If I ignore the current reading... and look in my "Bird" on  CW or RTTY tone
it reads max 400 to 450W for a ~100 W drive. Of course I can live with low
power... but not with a faulty(?) amp that too like SB 221 !

Well I also have a Solid State with 4 pills that can do better than present
221 @ 60 to 80W input.

 73 Rahul