Re: [Amps] SB221 Low Power Help

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB221 Low Power Help
From: Rahul Sathe <vu3raz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:51:22 +0530
Great info carl. I think I will also rebuild the input tuned ckt with new
caps.
The idle current is about 90 in CW and ~125 in SSB. The HT pulls about 300V
on full CW drive. I guess I have to work on the filter caps. BTW Just
ordered a new pair of 4-400 ... easily available at a very cheap price (~
25$ for a good pull).

I am thinking of driving the boot with EB63 directly... fitting it under the
chassis this will give me ~ 130 PEP that should be more than what i need...
will also avoid the input mismatch as the base impedance variation in
transistor pa is much smaller than the cathode impedance.

Regards /// Rahul