Re: [Amps] LK-500ZB

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK-500ZB
From: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:03:37 -0500
Concerning,

"...Would I just put this to the heater pins?

Between ONE of the filament pins and the grid! Across the filament would of
course destroy it.

My experience with these tubes has been that it's common to see a short that
develops only
after the filament warms up. In this case, you wouldn't be able to do this
with a cold tube..."

His idea of putting a a shorting strap across the fil pins first sounds
good. I have used the car battery on 3-500Zs with some success. While they
are cold and not shorted, connect it up with clips and then tap the tube
(rubber hammer) from several directions until it obviously pops. Goggles and
gloves -- yes.

73,   Roy   K6XK