[Amps] Input SWR

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Input SWR
From: Tomas Hood <nw7us.heliophile@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:00:41 -0600
Another question:

When I am bypassing the amp (amp is in Standby mode), the SWR reading
on my Icom IC-7000 exciter shows nearly 1:1 through the amp into the
antenna tuner/matching network.  When I switch from Standby to Operate
mode (Ameritron AL-80A), the SWR reading moves closer to 1.4:1 - is
this an indication that the input stage of the amp needs to be
aligned?

I am very new to this amp world... thanks for helping me get my bearings...

--

73 de NW7US, Tomas David Hood - Bitterroot Valley of Montana

Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist : http://tomasdavidhood.com

Contributing editor:
 CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

Main Page: http://hfradio.org/
Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
Twitter NW7US : @NW7US

Podcast: http://podcast.hfradio.org/