Re: [Amps] FW: 3-500Z heater voltage reduction

To: amps fourm <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: 3-500Z heater voltage reduction
From: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:55:36 -0700
Update - kinda - If any one dosent know im modding a Yokagawa GE medical amp
into ham service ... I added 800V of capacitance to the HV instead of using
dropping resistors (still dont know the actual HV is yet but ill get to it)
I let it go at 5.9V per tube and was doing some testing .... I was getting 900W
on 14.300 when it started to ark over .... reduced power and still doing it...
shut er down at that moment ...
I thought i had blown a relay ... but

I had actually killed my FAVORITE dummy load ... weighed over 3Lbs of aluminum
with a "N" connector on it. Now the thing measures 150K !!!! ( INSERT SWEAR
WORD HERE )   he he and a hi hi !!!
Guess the amp is working .. still need to find some 500Pf@2-5KV disks for the
KC7NOA