Re: [Amps] lk-550 woes

To: "'gdaught6@stanford.edu'" <gdaught6@stanford.edu>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] lk-550 woes
From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall@healthall.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:27:11 -0400
I have a LK-500 that had some rework (rather nicely) that added a spark gap on
that tune cap.  He used a nickel strap from the cap to the DC blocking cap,
attached the strap to the cap via the back assembly nuts and placed a small "V"
shaped bend in the strap towards the cap frame.  Adjust the "V" until the gap
is slightly less than the cap plate spacing.  If you have an arc hopefully it
will jump there and save the plates.  It does seem to work well.

Randy AB9GO