Re: [Amps] Vacuum variable hipotting

To: jtml@vla.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum variable hipotting
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:31:31 EDT
John, perhaps you can shed some light on how bad can a vacuum leak be
before the tube is unusable.

I have seen some used tubes that begin to show current with as little as
1600 volts between the anode and screen grid. I have assumed there is little
or  no vacuum in that case and moved on. Perhaps this is a wrong assumption?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/18/2009 4:40:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,