Re: [Amps] TL922 Power Plugs

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL922 Power Plugs
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:44:30 +0200
To be precise, the danger is in NOT connecting the earth and the neutral
together.
 The connection is crucial to the operation of the ground fault interrupter
if fitted. Voltage drop differentials on overlong wires can trip it or,
else, cause it to malfunction.
Here, in 4Zulu land, even the metal skeleton of the building is connected at
the same common point. In my opinion, the ground rod is more useful as a
local grounding point against lightning, more so than serving as an
electrical ground.
Sooo, the connection you made- neutral to ground locally- is sound from an
engineering point of view.
Alex    4Z5KS