Re: [Amps] trying to understand 1296 cavity amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] trying to understand 1296 cavity amp
From: jmltinc@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:05:27 -0500
Gary,

Although the anode connection (fingerstock of the anode by-pass plate) is on
the outside of the cavity, the tuned circuit is the inside of the cavity. Due
to skin effect, RF cannot not pass through the walls of the cavity (or through
the cross section of the fingerstock).

As the outside of the cavity is not a tuned circuit; a large, coherent
(in-phase) RF signal cannot develop on the anode by-pass plate nor the anode
cooler, and both are essentially at DC potential.

-John, N9RF