[Amps] 2x 4cx1500b amp

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 2x 4cx1500b amp
From: Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:57:13 -0200
Hello "Ampers",

I am willing to build a 2x 4CX1500B amp for 160 to 10m usage. Willing to
use a GM3SEK tetrode board for controlling and protecting it.

As I will need to special order the HV supply transformer, I am thinking
about asking for a multiple voltage primary and a fixed voltage
secondary (probably 1250v - 0v - 1250v), so it will be easier to change
output voltage just changing the primary, instead of dealing with HV. Is
it a bad idea?

I would like to hear from you if you have built anything like it, or if
you have something to say.

Also, are there alternatives to the tetrode board?

73,

Felipe - PY1NB