Re: [Amps] Advice

To: <audioguy@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:15:05 -0500
That would be true if the only criteria is filament emission.

However, a single 8877 is loafing at 1500W and is not really a good example.

Now, if you want to compare a 3-500Z at 900W to a pair at 1200W I suspect
the answer will be that a pair will be holding at that power level a lot
longer.

You can see similar in a 30L1 that has had the 811A's replaced by 572B's.
Power remains the same but life becomes almost infinite.......at least with
USA tubes.

Carl
KM1H