Re: [Amps] Advice

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 21:26:22 +0000 (UTC)

When I was writing the original reply I was thinking more along the lines of
different tubes for example a single 8877 requires more airflow and has more
back pressure than two 3cx800's.

Agreed, two tubes of the same type would require more airflow than a single
tube.  However, I think we could assume that two tubes of the same type would
produce 2x the power of the single tube amp.   If the twin tube amp were run at
the same output as the single holer, it would also follow to reason the airflow
requirements could for the two holer could be reduced because each tube is only
being driven to a reduced output.

Paul