[Amps] FW: Decent HF directional coupler for RF power meas.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: Decent HF directional coupler for RF power meas.
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:58:28 -0600
My PowerMaster tracks very nicely down to 2.5 watts (within a few percent of my
TekTronics TDS-2022).  2.5 watts is the lowest power I can get out of the
IC-706MKII that I'm using for a source.  Somewhere around here I have a power
6dB attenuator.  If I can find that, I'll look at lower powers.  The
PowerMaster does stop computing SWR when you get below 4.5 watts though.  So I
would definately not consider it a QRP SWR meter.  The PowerMaster does have
diode drop compensation (I got a chance to look at the schematic).

Phil - AD5X