[Amps] Excessive Plate Voltage Henry 2KD-5

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Excessive Plate Voltage Henry 2KD-5
From: "Roland AH6RR" <Toesonnose@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:14:12 -1000
Aloha All,
I have a Henry 2KD-5 that has been sitting for a few years and after doing some
repairs and tube replacement  I turned it on and the plate voltage went to
4000V before I could turn it off. One of the filter caps smoked and now 1 has a
short they all seemed hot, they are the orignal filter caps. I plan on
replacing the all but I want to know if this will cure the problem. I checked
the HV supply wiring and it is fine. Should I look at anything else?.
Roland AH6RR