Re: [Amps] "Stacking" power supplies?? how?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "Stacking" power supplies?? how?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:41:48 -0500
> How do I connect three 30A power supplies together so as to obtain 90A ?

Steering diodes or other forms of isolation are generally used when
paralleling PS outputs.  I would first look to the manufacturer's
recommendation for strapping.  Absent any data, you'll need to analyze the
output circit in the context of sensing.  Then, apply the isolation diodes
(e.g., high-current, Schottky types), taking into account the voltage drop
across the diode.  With adequate isolation, it should be possible to use the
sense lines without affecting the other output circuits.

Paul, W9AC