Re: [Amps] Russian Power Tubes

To: texasrf@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Russian Power Tubes
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:08:56 -0500

texasrf@aol.com wrote:
> A few of the VHF builders have removed part of the GS35B anode cooler to
> reduce the height. I have no idea how far one can go with this concept but it
> is  mucho larger than an 8877 by comparison.

At 2.2 Kg or about 4 3/4# the GS-35B is a tad beefier than the 8877<:-))
and at just a tad over $100-$120 a lot less money.  However IIRC they
are out of production.  Remember the GS-35B can be mounted in any
position. Of course if that's inconvenient, there are always the
GU-84B/4CX-2500 and GU-78B or even the FU728F Tetrodes although a bit
more money and a more complicated circuit

73

Roger (K8RI).