Re: [Amps] looking for an amp design that can run on 120volts

To: KEVIN ADAM <n9iww@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] looking for an amp design that can run on 120volts
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:09:00 -0500
Get a hold of Bill Orr's Radio Handbooks from the 1970's.  They always
carried a number of different amp designs.  There were several that used
a pair of passive grid driven 4CX300's.  Easy to build and performed
well.  I ran one for years.  I wish I still had it.  I have moved and
don't have a 240V circuit in the house.  I have 3 amps just sitting here
not being used.

David
KW4DH

KEVIN ADAM wrote:
> looking for an HF amp design that I can run on 120volts circiut somethin g in
> the 500 800 watts area
> need tube info mainly i can go from there but a proven design would be great
> thank you in advance.
>
> N9IWW
> n9iww  at msn dot com

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can
exist only until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess
out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always
votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public
treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose
fiscal policy, always to be followed by a dictatorship."