Re: [Amps] Alpha 78 Problem

To: isaonuma@cablenet.ne.jp, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 78 Problem
From: k8mlm@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:05:25 -0500
Isao,

The normal warm up time for the Alpha 78 is 3 minutes.  However, dur to the age
of the caps and/or carbom comp resistors in the timer circuit the timer may not
work or take a long tome to turn on.

I have an old Alpha 77 and have to overhaul (replace caps anr resistors) on the
turn-on timer and active bias control boards to keep it operating properly.

Bob
K8MLM