Re: [Amps] Source GU-84B fil xfmr

To: royanjoy@ncn.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source GU-84B fil xfmr
From: texasrf@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 21:06:53 EST

Roy, even though no inrush protection is called for, it can't hurt
anything.

Over a 35 year period of using an 8877 on 2m EME I have lost two tubes;
both had an open heater. I have to believe a surge limiter might have saved
one  if not both of these tubes.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/14/2010 7:37:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,