[Amps] Amps for sale...maybe

Subject: [Amps] Amps for sale...maybe
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:25:02 -0500
Although I like the old Alpha 76A and love the way the Tokyo Hy-Power
HL1.5Kfx works, I've been looking at the Emtron HF amps and the new
6-meter amp coming up.

I also have a project under way that is in the parts collecting stage so
far that'll use a pair of FU728B's. I think I was mistakenly calling
them FU728F's if the international mail ever gets them here.

At any rate, I think the 76A and 1.5Kfx are going on the block and will
be replaced with the two Emtron amps.
I think I asked about them before, but I'm looking for input on the
Emtrons. No, the RS4 and RS5 are a bit much and besides, I'd need to run
in 3 phase for the 5<:-)) They're also way to heavy.  That and I
couldn't afford the property settlement that would ensue. But if you
like tubes with handles...

So again I'm looking for input on the Emtron amps and is any one
interested in the 76A and/or the 1.5 Kfx. the 1.5Kfx is a solid state
amp with 1000 watts CW and PEP out 160 through 10 and about 800 (or a
tad more) on 6-meters with auto band switching, but it likes a low SWR.

73

Roger (K8RI)