Re: [Amps] Good amp to buy

To: "Bill K2OWR" <k2owr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good amp to buy
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:07:08 -0500
Its also an amp that does a lot of damage when it lets loose which it is
prone to do. All the 3-500Z amps that run over 3KV can get downright touchy.

Repairing a SB-220, Centurion, etc, is a lot cheaper and the extra watts of
the AL-82 are meaningless at the other end.

I know many unhappy contesters that expected instant repair when they drove
it here and didnt understand why I didnt stock bandswitches, variable caps,
plate chokes, tubes, tank coils, parasitic suppressors, etc.  I usually have
stock of common items used across brands and models but not everything for
that flamethrower.

Most go to an AL-1200 or another brand.

Carl
KM1H