Re: [Amps] Good amp to buy maybe build..

To: <donroden@hiwaay.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good amp to buy maybe build..
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:31:17 -0500
From: <donroden@hiwaay.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:32 AM

> Quoting "Jeff Blaine AC0C" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>:
>
>> I second what Bill is saying here.
>>
>> If you build, consider the cost an education expense.  And then you can
>> rationalize a huge amount of money being spent.  You have the pride of
>> crafting something youself and it will be in some ways unique.
>

> This also applies to restoring classic cars..... ( sigh ).
>
> A couple of hundred here a thousand there and soon it might make sense to
> just
> bid at Barrrett Jackson.
>
> Don WA4NPL  ( 57 Belair Hardtop in progress )

As a confirmed gearhead all my life I know exactly what you mean.Figuring
the money Ive spent on antique restorations, hot rods, muscle cars. etc I
could have had a trophy wife or three, a couple of mistresses, a McMansion
and a garage full of exotic imports.

But Id be a miserable SOB as that was never my goal in life.

Carl
KM1H