Re: [Amps] Fw: Good amp to buy /amp notes

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "'Amps reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: Good amp to buy /amp notes
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:15:57 -0500

You will only splatter if your peak power attempts to exceed what the amp is
tuned for.
With voice I don't think that you will ever exceed 50% average power or come
close to it without the peak power having hit the wall. Unless of course you
can generate a single tone with your voice. (talk about speaking in a
monotone voice!) :>)

Multiple tones (in your voice or with a generator) greatly increase the PEP
to average ratio many fold over single tone or two tone.

73
Gary  K4FMX