[Amps] 1kw plus amps for Less than $1k

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 1kw plus amps for Less than $1k
From: "ko1h" <ko1h@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:38:05 -0000
HI all I know there will be allot of or not responses to this question.  FWIW
its a bit of a rhetorical question.  I currently own a TL922 ( SO I know from
3-500z's)  Ameritron AL-811H ( modified with 572b's etc) and a Henry 2k Ultra (
Yeah Ug 8873's)  So my question is there a good bunch of 1kw output reliable
amps out there?  Yes I'm in the market for another amp for a second backup.

So to be clear;  What do you the sages of amplifiers say.  I would like
something I don't have to do tons of mods on. I don't mind retubing but nothing
extensive.

So what say you ?

73 de John ko1h