Re: [Amps] Vac Relays for B+

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vac Relays for B+
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:55:55 -0500
Many commercial amps use a 25-ohm @ 25W resistor in the B+ line between the
filter cap and the anode(s).  If regulation as a result of IR drop was an
issue with R placed in front of the filter C, (and as long as the filter C
can quickly recharge), wouldn't the same regulation issue also be present
with the resistor placed after the filter cap?

It seems to me as long as the filter C has ample capacity to stay charged
under all normal loading conditions, regulation should be a non-issue and
perhaps better regulation would result since no further IR drop occurs
between the filter C and the anode.

Paul, W9AC