Re: [Amps] Converting a 76A to a pair of 3CX800's

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Converting a 76A to a pair of 3CX800's
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:39:57 -0700
The AL-1500 has a stack of eight 450V caps, and a plate voltage
of 3600. 8x450=3600, so Ameritron didn't leave any headroom
there. The manual cautions to make sure the plate voltage does
not exceed 3700, and there are multiple primary taps. Maybe you
can get away with it too.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ