Re: [Amps] LK-500NT issue

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, "R. David Eagle" <kb8nnu@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK-500NT issue
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:18:40 -0500
The NT uses undersized variables which often arc and create a molten puddle
short. The bandswitch is known to arc at the front wafer RH support screw
and the contact next to it.

In the earliest models there is no protection circuitry. The ZC model has an
ALO trip circuit which kicks the amp out of TX. Resetting the front panel
switch clears it.

Carl
KM1H