Re: [Amps] cap sizes

To: "Charles Harpole" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] cap sizes
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 06:50:18 -0500
On 8th February, Charles wrote:

"...I was surprised to see the small size of the same value caps .... the
originals in the DTR-2000 Dentron were 7 inches long and inch in dia.  The
new ones (in 2009)  were same size around, but about one inch and 1/3
long.... or short as the truth be told.  Wow."

Hi Charles,

Yes, the physical size of the new electrolytics really is quite amazing...!
They pack a LOT of "ufd." in a VERY small can anymore---even at high
voltage.

I believe the popular term for these things is/was "photoflash capacitors".
I see them often at Hamfests in this area selling for as little as fifty
cents apiece! Needless-to-say, I always stock-up whenever I can...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ