Re: [Amps] cap sizes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] cap sizes
From: "la7sl Nils Petter" <la7sl@norgespost.no>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:02:09 +0100
Just a warning :
Photoflash capacitors are not intended for PSU applications
They will generally not withstand the high ripple currents involved
in a power supply under load conditions...
Overheating and breakdown may be the result unless you run them
very well below ratings..
I do not think a commercial amp manufacturer will choose these in their
product.
BUT ...  modern high voltage capacitors are definitely a lot smaller .
Also the ones suitable for a PSU... But stay away from the "photoflash"
types....
The same goes for laser discharge caps and some medical equipment caps...
Peter