[Amps] QSK-5 insertion loss...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] QSK-5 insertion loss...
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:42:07 -0600
"More investigation is needed as I came to the same calculated power
dissipation for 1.5 dB of loss at 10m.  I've validated my measurements on
three separate devices into a Bird Terma-Line load but the QSK-5 does not
appear to run unusually hot at 1KW from an SPE Expert amp.  I'll report back
when I find the root cause.  Seems like this might be a good use for an
industrial IR-detecting temperature scanner."

Paul - I see that Ameritron rates the QSK5 at 1500 watts PEP, but 750 watts
continuous power.  For greater than 750 watts continuous, they recommend an
optional cooling fan.

Phil - AD5X