Re: [Amps] 4cx800a

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4cx800a
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:13:55 -0800
Is there a reliable supplier of NOS GU74B/4CX800A's? I have an Alpha 91B
and was thinking that I should pick-up some spare tubes for it before
the NOS pool dries up completely. I see that UR4LL is advertising them
for $100 each. That seems too good to be true. Is he legit?

BTW, I agree that the 4CX800A isn't a terribly clean tube for SSB
service. All the commercially available amps I've seen with this tube
(including the Alpha91B) have mediocre IMD specs.

Thanks,