Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500

To: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>, sre.1966@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500
From: Dave Weiss <davidhweiss@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:42:50 -0500
*Hello Shon:

The AL-1500 is a fine choice for the money.  It will not do 6M however.  It
also has a 3 minute warm up time.  I have an AL-1200 (no 6M) 5 second warm
up time.  and it has survived many senior moments and is also a good bang
for the buck.  It was an upgrade from an AL-80B which just didn't have quite
enough punch for the conditions of the last two years; a good amp in any
case.

Tuning is easy on the Ameritron line and the service is good.

Check out DX Engineering for competitive prices.  In any case, Ameritron
makes a basically solid amp for the money.  I would but the 1200 again.

73
Dave K3FT*