Re: [Amps] 120 Hz hum from Henry...

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 120 Hz hum from Henry...
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:34:03 -0500
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:07 PM

Uhh....Im not complaining about the LK-500 regulation, simply stating a
fact.

Now if you want to look at the classic Alphas of the 7 series, Ameritron,
Ten Tec, Heath, Dentron, Drake, Swan, etc, etc, you will find them in the
17-33uF range....duh.

The latest series of some amps have more C as a result of capacitor
technology, not engineering brilliance.

Going back further to the 1963 NCL-2000 it is 10uF AS PER THE RCA specs for
the 8122's. Static regulation at 0 to 2000W is 16%. Dynamic is much better
for SSB.

Carl