[Amps] AL-82 vs Henry 2k X

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-82 vs Henry 2k X
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:09:48 -0500
Hello all. I am looking for some input. I love the Henry PS and most of the
amp. I have had some custom built Henry Amps and an ss750. I loved them all.
Now I will be needing something for home. Rational or not, I like glowing
glass and that limits things. There is not much choice anymore of amps
running glass tubes up in the HV range required to make them sing. The AL82
does look nice on paper. It has 160 and can be made to go QSK.  ALL of the
parts are available and do not seem to be marked up horribly. They seem to
be priced as though I would go out looking for single item. The amp price is
about the same as an old 2K Classic X (that I have always wanted) but is
new, under warranty, and I could put back parts that I am likely to use. I
am not excited about Ameritron but the AL82 looks nice on paper. Any
thoughts?

Sam Carpenter,  N9FUT