Re: [Amps] AL-82 vs Henry 2k X

To: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-82 vs Henry 2k X
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:33:02 +0800
G'day Sam

My answer would be to open up an AL-82 and look very carefully at the
construction, the layout, the parts used, etc, etc.

I don't know what the 82 is like  in this regard but if it is like
the 80B or the 811 models, I would not be happy to spend my money on
it. As far as I can tell, the design and circuit in these models is
fine. The way in which they have been implemented is, in my somewhat
inexperienced view, not really up there with the better machines.

This is a personal view and others will most certainly hold different
views. Remember, above all else, these amplifiers have one redeeming
feature. They are priced such that we poor average folk can afford
them and they still seem to work well. If price is your thing, go for
it. If you feel more comfortable with quality under the hood, then
look carefully at all options before buying.

73, Alek

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6py