Re: [Amps] MLA-2500 retrofit.

To: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MLA-2500 retrofit.
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:02:21 -0500
Ive done a few to a single 3CX800A7. Its an easy electrical swap but a PITA
for sheetmetal and mounting the tube horizontally and using the original
fan. It works well at 1100-1200W out with 50W drive. About the same as a
LK-750 or the single hole MFJ.

That DK9IP conversion looks real nice but I dont know how far the stock xfmr
and Mickey Mouse tank circuit can be pushed.

Im sure the Class C designed Ruskie tubes have their usual 11M IMD
performance.

Carl
KM1H