Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:41:00 -0400

Bill,

My point is that there is no difference between the current on the outside
of a tube verses the current on your flat bar or a solid rod.

Each skin acts independently of the other. One side of a sheet never knows
about the other side as far as current passing thru from one skin to the
other. This is very evident in a tube which has an inner and outer skin.

Provided the material is several skin depths thick, there is never any
current on the inside.
Not because the current from one side acts against the current on the
opposite side but because the current on the "surface" sets up eddy currents
just below the surface that oppose each other and cancel the deeper
currents. No current ever makes it to the center of the rod or plate or to
the inside surface of a tube.

Current does not go "thru" the sheet or rod to get to the other side. It
flows around the edges.

If current went thru the shield of coax then the coax would not work as it
does.
There is no way for current to enter the center part of a tube or rod or
flat sheet.

73
Gary  K4FMX