Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "'David Cutter'" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:17:19 -0400
.

> Nope, it can't get there that way. Nothing can get "thru" the chassis
> plate.
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX

A screw can. Head on one side and the other side into a doorknob cap or a
solder lug. Proof of  JI's statements is the use of plated thru holes on
printed circuit boards, especially when run at RF. Look at all the effort
used in wrapping the edges in copper tape and then still having to use
plated thru or wire inserted holes to get the circuit to work.

Carl
KM1H