Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:27:54 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:41:00 -0400, "Gary Schafer"
<garyschafer@comcast.net> wrote:

>There is no way for current to enter the center part of a tube or rod or
>flat sheet.

REPLY:

Imagine a large flat sheet of copper. You solder a wire in the center
of it, and another wire on the other side, directly opposite the first
one. Are you telling me that RF will not pass from one wire, through
the sheet into the other wire?  Or how about if the two wires were not
directly opposite each other, but spaced a few inches apart. Still no
current between them? Don't be silly.

If what you say was true, all our radios and amps would not work.
There are dozens if not hundreds of places where RF passes through
sheet metal from one side to the other, such as through the shield
side of a coax connector.

73, Bill W6WRT