Re: [Amps] 2A slo blow in step start

To: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2A slo blow in step start
From: "Zeitler, Lane LT, FST-1" <zeitlel@cpr3.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:22:18 -0800
Good question Jim. The two Henry amps I repaired BOTH had shorted xmfr
windings. This was quite some years ago when I was still a electronics
tech for the Navy (now an emergency room nurse with an affinity for
telemetry gear, hhhmmmm). If I recall it was the secondary windings on
both, of course 100% confirmation achieved with resistance readings with
them completely out of circuit. They were both ECA and in my opinion
were not of high quality what so ever. My reference for quality at that
time though was Navy radar and communication xmtrs and Dahl xmfrs so
possibly not a fair quality comparison.

Lane
Ku7i
USS Peleliu