[Amps] choke - cap filter network in PS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] choke - cap filter network in PS
From: "Zeitler, Lane LT, FST-1" <zeitlel@cpr3.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 04:36:19 -0800
I have noticed that the older amps that use a choke input filter network
such as the old Henry amps use a small value for the filter capacitor.
My old Henry 2K used something like a 10uf oil filled cap after the
resonant filter choke network. Is their a particular reason to not use a
32uf 4500v GE unit that I have a couple of as a replacement?

Second question, since I have two of these GE units would I see any
improvement or increase in B+ if a placed one of these units before the
choke network, the new configuration would be cap -choke - cap, or 32uf
cap - choke - 32 uf cap.

Thank you in advance to all. Great forum.

LT Lane Zeitler

ARS Ku7i

Currently onboard USS Peleliu LHA-5